Leica Camera AG stands for the finest arts of German precision engineering - and a special culture of visual expression. For more than a century, we have been developing precision optical instruments that provide unique visual experiences and continue to set new standards of technology. We constantly search for highly motivated personnel for our innovative development projects and to assist us in the fulfilment of the ongoing strong demand for our latest products. We can offer you challenging and innovative tasks and ideal opportunities for the advancement of your professional career.
For our design studio in Munich, we currently have an immediate opening for a:
User Interface Designer (m/f/d)
The ideal candidate should have the ability to take the creative lead across multiple projects, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into clear, intuitive, and functional user interfaces forming compelling user experiences.
This is an opportunity to join a highly creative design team where you will get the chance to actively shape the future of one of the world’s truly iconic brands.
- Development and implementation of exceptional design solutions in collaboration with the design team, product management, internal development departments and partner companies
- Creation of cross product and system operational concepts for products in the fields of photo und mobile devices, that transmit the essence of the Leica brand to our customers.
- Design of innovative user interface concepts and their visual implementation for existing and future products including design of the graphic elements.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to detail development specifications and implementation guidance
- Creation of visualisations, prototypes and mock-ups
- Continual communication and collaboration with multi-disciplinary project teams
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Driver of new product ideas and innovations
- BA/BS and MA or advanced degree in Interaction/Interface/Communication design
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience in UI Design
- Exceptional creativity and sense for user-oriented design
- Distinctive brand heritage awareness and feeling for cross-product design language
- Profound understanding for usability und user experience
- High level of proficiency in design tools such as Adobe CC und Sketch
- Ability to develop and implement design guidelines
- Self-driven and ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Passion for photography
- Fluent English, further foreign languages desired
- Drivers licence and enthusiasm to travel